Do you have problems with numb and/or cold fingers? I do! My latest effective solution to this problem comes from psychotherapy. You may know the term "progressive muscle relaxation" (PMR). If not, goggle it. It's an exercise in tensing and relaxing individual muscles of your body. PMR in itself is a good relaxing technique to start or end a day of cycling. But it's also very effective when applied to your numb or cold fingers. It's simple:
1. Tense or squeeze your fingers and/or fist. You can do this either by holding to the handlebar or not, keeping the fingers straight or bent in the fist. Whatever turns out better for you.
2. Keep your fingers tensed for 7 to 10 seconds.
3. Slowly relax the tensed muscles (in 5 to 10 seconds).
4. Keep the hand relaxed for another 5 to 10 seconds.
5. Repeat points 1,2,3,4 several times. 5 repeats should do in most cases.